[Insight-developers] how to provide A2D2 denoising code?

Kris Zygmunt krismz at sci.utah.edu
Thu Sep 22 17:14:30 EDT 2011

Hello!
     I am (finally!) ready to provide the A2D2 denoising code and just
wanted to discuss the best way to do so.  I will create a gerrit topic
called a2d2-denoising and put my changes there.  I think it makes the
most sense to create a new Denoising module in Filtering, but please
let me know if I should put the code elsewhere.  I have the following
files:

denoising filter hierarchy that will be dependent on
ITKStatistics, ITKCommon, vnl, ITKImageStatistics, ITKImageGrid,
ITKTransform, ITKImageFunction, ITKImageAdaptors
This hierarchy should be in Filtering somewhere, but does it go into a
new module (called Denoising?) or an existing one?
itkPatchBasedDenoisingBaseImageFilter.{h,hxx}
itkPatchBasedDenoisingImageFilter.{h,hxx}
<associated test code will go in the associated test directory>

Image to sample adaptor to be put in the Modules/Numerics/Statistics
area
itkImageToNeighborhoodSampleAdaptor.{h,hxx}

Generic subsampler hierarchy that I think fits in the Modules/Numerics/
Statistics area
itkSubsamplerBase.{h,hxx}
itkRegionConstrainedSubsampler.{h,hxx}
itkSpatialNeighborSubsampler.{h,hxx}
itkUniformRandomSpatialNeighborSubsampler.{h,hxx}
itkGaussianRandomSpatialNeighborSubsampler.{h,hxx}

It seems like Modules/Numerics/Statistics is rather large, are there
any plans to split this into smaller modules?  What is the recommended
way to include vnl in CMake for ITKv4?

Thanks!
Kris