[Insight-developers] how to provide A2D2 denoising code?

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Fri Sep 23 10:32:18 EDT 2011

Hi Kris,
ITKCommon depends on ITKVNLInstantiation , and ITKVNLInstantiation depends
on ITKVNL.
Since your new module would directly or indirectly depends on  ITKCommon, I
don't think you need to explicitly specify  ITKVNL  in your
itk-module.cmake.

You can check out the list of the libraries included in the ITKVNL_LIBRAIRES
in Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/CMakelists.txt.

-xiaoxiao

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Kris Zygmunt <krismz at sci.utah.edu> wrote:

> Hi Bill and Xiaoxiao,
>   Thanks for your responses.  My main concern was polluting other modules
> with all of these dependencies, so it sounds like it is best to create a
> fresh one.  There is definitely room for expansion via subclassing later,
> but for now it will be a small module.  I'll pose the question again in
> gerrit  as it may be possible to reduce the dependencies by changing the
> API.  ( A long discussion, I'll wait for gerrit to explain).  For now I'll
> create the new module and add the topic.
>
> For the Statistics module, I don't have any specific suggestions yet for
> reorganizing it.  I just wanted to know whether there were any short-term
> plans to do so, so that I could organize my files accordingly.

As far as VNL goes, I guess my question is really related to defining the
> module dependencies for the new Filtering/Denoising module.  Do I say that
> I'm dependent on ITKVNL or ITKVNLInstantiation or both or something else?
>  The library linking seems to have worked via the magic of ITK_LIBRARIES.

Thanks!

Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.