[Insight-developers] SimpleITK - CMake question (The Saga of Eggs on Windows…)

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Sep 26 15:42:31 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to figure out the cause of the following build error on Mayo's  windows simpleITK's dashboard machine:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1568896

I have been able to successfully build the Python egg on my VS10, CMake 2.8.5, Windows7 VM. I uninstalled CMake and install the prior version 2.8.4, and was also successful, so I don't place the cmake version. I have no idea about this error message the the triple dot syntax it is inserting.

Thanks for the continued help,
Brad

On Sep 24, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for all the help I have gotten on this issue. It truly has been extremely difficult getting this egg distribution package working on window!
>
> On my virtual machines I am able to create eggs!!! So we are almost there!!
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=1563093
>
> Unfortunately, on the mayos dashboard machines were are still getting some cmake related issues:
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=1561908
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=1562590
>
> These are running cmake 2.8.4, where as I am running 2.8.5. I am suspicious this may be related to the cmake version. I am running windows 7, and I am not certain which os version is being run at Mayo.
>
> This is the error:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1562590
>
> Error copying file "/.../SimpleITK/Wrapping/PythonPackage/ez_setup.py" to "D:/T/vs10/SimpleITK-build/SimpleITK-build/Wrapping/PythonPackage/".
>
> C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(113,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe" -E copy /.../SimpleITK/Wrapping/PythonPackage/ez_setup.py D:/T/vs10/SimpleITK-build/SimpleITK-build/Wrapping/PythonPackage/ [D:\T\vs10\SimpleITK-build\SimpleITK-build\Wrapping\_SimpleITK.vcxproj] [D:\T\vs10\SimpleITK-build\SimpleITK.vcxproj]
>
> I don't know where that triple dot syntax came from or what it should mean. This is the custom command:
>
>   add_custom_command( TARGET ${SWIG_MODULE_SimpleITK_REAL_NAME}
>     POST_BUILD
>     COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/PythonPackage/ez_setup.py" "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/PythonPackage/"
>     COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E touch "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/__init__.py"
>     COMMAND ${PYTHON_EXECUTABLE} "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/PythonPackage/setup.py"
>     install
>     COMMENT "Installing python module to the virtualenv" )
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for