[Insight-developers] SimpleITK Beta 0.3.0 Tagged And Python Binary Distribution available

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Sep 30 14:11:10 EDT 2011

Hello,

I just wanted to share with everyone that we have tagged SimpleITK 0.3.0 beta this morning, which used ITKv4 beta 1.

In addition to the regular git repository, I have placed the packaged source and binary distributions for python on SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.3.0/

Specifically, the platform available for binary python distribution are

MacOSX with system python:
 10.6 with python2.6
 10.7 with python2.6
 10.7 with python2.7

Windows 32-bit with precompiled python:
  python2.6
  python2.7

Linux i686:
 python2.7

I have not experimented much with the linux distribution to know how portable this compilation is.

The python Egg distributions can be installed with distutils. With hopefully just "easy_install SimpleITK" at the command prompt with sufficient access to the python site-packages directory.

Please let us know about successes and failures. We can expand the binary distributions if needed, and we can get an appropriate virtual machines.

Thanks for feedback,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for