[Insight-developers] Expected behavior for shared libraries on windows

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Apr 4 11:22:40 EDT 2012

OK,

Knowing that the Nrrd library is suppose to be static has already helped a log in tracking down the linking issue!

I am sure there are all sorts of encapsulated global variables, timestamps, and singletons inside the Common library.

Considering how large the HDF5 and GDCM libraries are it may be worth wild for someone to put the effort into getting those to be shared.

Glad to know everything is as it should be!

Thanks,
Brad

On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:12 AM, Brad King wrote:

> On 4/4/2012 11:07 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> What about the third party libraries?
>>
>> I thought that some of those were suppose to be shared libraries.
>
> I suppose they could be made shared but AFAIK we've never tried to
> support this case.  The only reason ITKCommon is allowed to be shared
> is because it is necessary for the plugin loader IIRC.
>
> -Brad K

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine