[Insight-developers] boundary faces calculator bug

Kris Zygmunt krismz at sci.utah.edu
Mon Apr 16 19:21:51 EDT 2012

Hi,
    While trying to compare results between
itkScalarAnisotropicDiffusionFunction and
itkGPUScalarAnisotropicDiffusionFunction, I found a bug in the
NeighborhoodAlgorithm::BoundaryFacesCalculator when one of the image
sizes is 1 ie a 3D image with size [5,5,1] (I cloned itk 4 today and
the bug is still in master).  In this case, the calculator repeats the
final region twice.  It seems like this might have been addressed once
before in ITK 3.20 just before 4.0, but that may have been another bug
or that fix might have introduced this bug.

Anyway, I have been able to modify the test to demonstrate this bug
and have put that patch at http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/
5213/ .  This may change the answer from some tests if they are
unlucky enough to be using images that fall into this image size
condition.

-Kris