[Insight-developers] incorporating commit info

M Stauffer -V- mstauff at verizon.net
Wed Apr 25 14:16:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

During compilation, I'd like to be able to incorporate the commit hash
and at least a flag as to whether there are any local modifications. The
goal is to have this info in the itk binaries for reliably referencing
what version of the toolkit was used for a particularly build.

I hear this has been discussed before. I'm willing to give it a go. If
anyone knows the outline of how to do this that'll really help. I think
there are git hooks for getting commit info into a header file, but I
haven't looked recently. Also, we'll want to add something similar for
our ANTS toolkit, which currently is still using svn.

Thanks.

-M