[Insight-developers] MetaIO Unknown meta-data bug

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Mon Aug 27 10:52:50 EDT 2012

Sorry for the extended radio silence...

Brad wrote:
> The more I think about the more I think it may be best to not change the
> parsing, and just stop allowing the metaIO library to write ambiguous empty
> value for fields, which is accomplished in the first two patchs. Agree?

I fully agree.   MetaIO is already full of wackiness (e.g., HeaderSize
= -1 causes the header to be estimated by assuming that the data is at
the end of the file).

To me, tag-value paired files that contain only a tag are
syntactically incorrect.   This is almost a religious issue, but so
many things are.

I'd rather see the notion of optional quotes (") being introduced so
that null strings and multi-line strings can be defined.  This may
break backward compatibility - I would have to test to see if quotes
work now or not.

--

Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.