[Insight-developers] SimpleITK: adding release branch

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Feb 7 10:00:28 EST 2012

Hello,

I would like to add a release branch to SimpleITK.

Can I just:

git check -b release v0.4.0b
git push origin release:release

I am currently thinking about using the release branch, to be updated against ITK v4.1.0, so there there will be a matching SimpleITK release and ITK release.

Is it documented any place, what the standard way to manage the release branch?

I believe that I understand how to merge topics into release. The topic must be branched from master before the tag fork. The topic should be merged in to master, and then release, then release merged into master.  However, when the next release occurs, I am not sure what should happen. With release merged into master, I should be able to do a fast-forward merge of master into release after tagging the master branch?

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for