[Insight-developers] GPU code ready for Gerrit

Kris Zygmunt krismz at sci.utah.edu
Tue Feb 7 20:14:12 EST 2012

On Feb 6, 2012, at 4:46 PM, Xiaoxiao Liu wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Kris Zygmunt <krismz at sci.utah.edu>
> wrote:
>

> >> "git mv" usually works for me. Sometimes when I forgot to do "git
> mv" at first. I usually end up doing "git add" for the rename files
> and  then "git mv" to remove the old git file paths. And then git
> will still recognize the renaming without a problem.
>
> Did you make changes (including formatting) first to those files
> before doing "git mv"?
>

> I did the git mv first, then made the changes.  Would it have been
> better to do it the other way around?  I think that should be
> relatively easy to change as I have a patch file that will just
> apply the changes to the directory, then I can do the git mv .
> Preferences?
>
> >> I think what you did was right:git mv first, and then make
> changes. I just did a quick experiment of doing "git mv" first, and
> then modified the newly-named file. I submit to gerrit just for
> reference :http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/4193/ .
> So might be something else?
>
> Will you send the "git status" msg after "git mv" and after your
> modifications?

Ok,  I see what I did.  Everything was looking good after the git mv
and modifying my files, but part of the changes included adding some
files to the new directory that weren't there in Modules/GPU/Common ie
Modules/Core/GPUCommon/include/itkGPUFunctorBase.h .  When I added
these files to git, I got lazy and did

    >>> git add Modules/Core/GPUCommon/include Modules/Core/GPUCommon/
src

instead of just adding the specific files.  I did a git status
afterwards, but did not notice then (though it's clear now) that this
messed up the rest of the changes.  I can redo all of this, is it
possible to overwrite my GPUCommon branch in gerrit?  Or supply a new
patch that is what this patch should have been?

-Kris