[Insight-developers] Library dependency Oddness, IO for testing modules

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Feb 15 15:10:09 EST 2012

Hello,

I was briefly looking at the failing tests on my Mac-OSX-cross-rosseta build with shared libraries. Most of them appear to be released to IO errors. This system has reported errors in module dependecies that most other systems failed to detect. Not sure how the other systems got the extra linkage, but it was not explicitly specified in the ITK module interface methods.

For example the itkMaximumProjectionTimageFilterTest2_1:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=135312872&build=2008717

Is failing with the following:

Exception detected while reading /playpen/blowekamp/MacOSX-cross-rosetta/ITK-build/ExternalData/Testing/Data/Baseline/BasicFilters/HeadMRVolumeMaximumProjection0.tif :  Could not create IO object for file /playpen/blowekamp/MacOSX-cross-rosetta/ITK-build/ExternalData/Testing/Data/Baseline/BasicFilters/HeadMRVolumeMaximumProjection0.tif
  Tried to create one of the following:
    MetaImageIO
    GDCMImageIO
    JPEGImageIO
    VTKImageIO
    PNGImageIO
    TIFFImageIO
    BMPImageIO
    NrrdImageIO
    GiplImageIO
    NiftiImageIO
  You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
    set the suffix to an unsupported type.

Now I am looking at the itk-modile.cmake for that module:

itk_module(ITKStatistics
  DEPENDS
    ITKCommon
    ITKNetlib
  TEST_DEPENDS
    ITKTestKernel
    ITKImageIntensity
    ITKImageCompose
  DESCRIPTION
    "${DOCUMENTATION}"
)

Is some situations I have not been able to read file types in tests, and adding the relevant Image IO module to the TEST_DEPENDS seemed to help. So for the tests I am not sure what is expected to happen for IO registration. And what is expected to be added to the TEST_DEPENDS in terms of IO.

While I'll looking into I'd thought I'd just the question.

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine