[Insight-developers] VectorImage documentation typo?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Jan 9 21:18:24 EST 2012

David,

Reading the documentation, it looks like the paragraph you cite is
referring to the example given in the paragraph above it:

"Conceptually, a VectorImage< double, 3 > is the same as a Image<
VariableLengthVector< double >, 3 >. The difference lies in the memory
organization. The latter results in a fragmented organization with
each location in the Image holding a pointer to an
VariableLengthVector holding the actual pixel. The former stores the k
pixels instead of a pointer reference, which apart from avoiding
fragmentation of memory also avoids storing a 8 bytes of pointer
reference for each pixel. The parameter k can be set using
SetVectorLength."

It might be better to change double to TPixel to avoid confusion.

Cory

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:59 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the doc it says:
>
> "The API of the class is such that it returns a pixeltype
> VariableLengthVector< double > when queried, with the data internally
> pointing to the buffer. (the container does not manage the memory).
> Similarly SetPixel calls can be made with VariableLengthVector< double
>>."
>
> Should 'double' here be replaced with 'TPixel'? Or is there something
> special about a VariableLengthVector< double > that I'm missing?
>
> David

Cory Quammen
Research Associate
Department of Computer Science