[Insight-developers] Feature suggestion for stage repo

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 25 10:34:01 EST 2012

Hello,

For the SimpleITK repo I think it would be nice to reject commits where the message starts with "fixup!" or "squash!"

The commit messages prefixed can very nicely be used with rebase --autosquash. I have recently added the following git alias too:

        fixup = !sh -c 'git commit -m \"fixup! $(git log -1 --format='\\''%s'\\'' $@)\"' -
        squash = !sh -c 'git commit -m \"squash! $(git log -1 --format='\\''%s'\\'' $@)\"'

which make is very convenient to fix things up in a topic. Unfortunately, I forgot to do the auto squash and accidentally merged in a topic with the intended fixup. I just think it would be nice to help prevent this again in the future. I don't know if there is another way to prevent this with a local hook of some kind.

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for