[Insight-developers] itkMath doxygen missing?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 15 08:24:18 EDT 2012

Matt!

Your system is reporting a build time of only 2 hours and 24 minuets! That must be some improvement to doxygen!

http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2362979

I guess it should be checked to see if it actually produced the doxyen html before we celebrate a break through is doxyen performance...

Brad

On Jun 15, 2012, at 2:34 AM, Arnaud Gelas wrote:

> Brad,
>
> AFAIK doxygen is a single threaded process; however the generation of
> graphs is multithreaded (dot instances are created in parallel). With
> the current doxygen configuration file, all threads are meant to be used
> in this process (which occurs towards the end of the html generation).
>
> Note that having more CPUs significantly reduced the documentation
> generation. Also, I am not sure if there any speed improvement in the
> latest doxygen version (?)
>
> ---
>
> Matt,
>
> After upgrading doxygen, you should also upgrade the configuration file
> to take full benefit from new features (and potential enhancement); else
> default values are used.
>
> You only to run
>
>     doxygen -u <config_file>
>
>     see http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/doxygen_usage.html
>
> Each parameters are well documented in the configuration file, but you
> can also have a look at the following page:
>
>     http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/config.html
>
> Finally, once you upgrade the configuration file, feel free to add me as
> reviewer when you submit the patch on gerrit.
>
> Cheers,
> Arnaud

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for