[Insight-developers] The Memory Consistency Problem, something everyone should know...

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Mar 16 16:59:30 EDT 2012

After digging a little further I think this problem may better be called "False Sharing" and there is a wikipedia page about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_sharing

Additionally the common cache block size for intel processors is 64 words. And the caching protocols should maintain this consistently between processors if shared.

Brad