[Insight-developers] New developer -- would an implementation of steerable filters for edge and curve detection be helpful?

Cartik Sharma cartik.sharma at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:33:21 EST 2012

hello Deepak,

Yes the segmentation techniques listed in the publications due to Unser et al
and Grady would be interesting to implement and fall under the class
of bayesian or shape parameter estimationt echniques.

I'd suggest writing classes in ITK for this purpose. Level set
segmentation had been implemented and you should look into deriving
from these classes
or writing your own to achieve required functionality. A comprehensive
description of ITK can be found at
http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/documentation.html

Best regards,
Cartik