[Insight-developers] Reminder: 4.3.0 Release Schedule

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Fri Nov 16 13:37:34 EST 2012

Hi all,

A reminder that the 4.3.0 release cycle process is imminent.  The
first RC tagging is scheduled for November 26th.  This means that all
new features should be merged by the end of next week.

There will be two more release candidates December 3rd and December
10th.  During this time, only fixes to the dashboard, bug fixes, and
critical features where there is major consensus on necessity should
be merged.  Commits violating this policy will be subject to a revert.
 Between the third and final RC on December 10th, the repository will
be locked, and only dashboard fixes will be allowed.  At the TCon this
morning, we discussed bringing patches into the "release" branch
instead of a lock, but in hindsight that will not work will because
most of the dashboard builds are against "master".

Thanks to everyone for all their great work.  We have seen increased
activity recently and more community involvement.  There has been good
community work towards WrapITK support, and we will have VS2008
support for the release, which is a major accomplishment.  After
discussion on the TCon this morning, the hard efforts of Hans Johnson,
Kent Williams, and Brad King in the DCMTK patch were merged.   It is
currently ON by default as we fix any remaining dashboard issues, and
we will have to assess default settings as it gets vetted in the RC
process.

Thanks,
Matt