[Insight-developers] How to turn off a module in an ITK build

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 14:00:32 EST 2012

Folks,

I'm trying to turn off a module in an ITK build. Here is what I
thought I could do:

1) ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES:BOOL=ON
2) Then selectively turn of modules, e.g.
Module_ITKDCMTK:BOOL=OFF
Module_ITKIODCMTK:BOOL=OFF

But this does not work. Since the two modules I want to turn off are
included with ALL modules, it seems they are still built.

I realize that I can configure with ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES:BOOL=OFF and
then selectively turn on individual modules.
I also realize, that an application can choose to turn on the modules
it needs with the FIND_PACKAGE command.

But both of these approaches require enumerating all of the modules
that you need.

I had expected that Module_XXX:BOOL=OFF would override a module even
if ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES:BOOL=ON.

This is especially useful for Superbuilds.

Bill