[Insight-developers] DigitallyReconstructedRadiograph1Test fails on 32-bit linux, OK on 64?

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Sat Oct 27 09:03:43 EDT 2012

On October 26, 2012 01:34:13 AM Matt McCormick wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Please review these patches.  The test now passes on my 32-bit MinGW build.
>
>   http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/8177/
>   http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/8178/

Yes, this fixes the problem.  And I learned about a new feature of ITK:
CompensatedSummation!

Regarding the latter, I noticed that itk::NumericTraits<T>::AccumulateType
generally has more bits than T, e.g. int uses long as AccumulateType.  However
unsigned int uses unsigned int as AccumulateType.  Why not (unsigned) long?
Similarly, float's accumulate type is double, but std::complex<float> uses
complex<float> rather than complex<double>.

Thanks again,
-Steve