[Insight-developers] Compiling a 32bits app using ITK in a 64bits linux environment (gcc)

Benoit Scherrer benoitscherrer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 11:13:57 EDT 2013

Hi,

I successfully compiled ITK 4.4 (from the git repository today)
in 32bits on my x86_64 linux.
I'm using the cmake command line parameters:

-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-m32 -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-m32
-DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-m32
-DCMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS:STRING=-m32

However, when compiling an application using it (with the same -m32
parameters for cmake) i get the typical error from itkMathDetail.h

177:38: error: '_mm_set_sd' was not declared in this scope
177:40: error: '_mm_cvtsd_si32' was not declared in this scope
etc..

Do you know what is happening? I deleted the whole build directories
and rebuild everything from scratch (with the -m32 parameters) to be
sure to have a clean CMakeCache for both ITK and my app but it was not
successful.

Any idea?

Thanks!