[Insight-developers] ImageSplitting not yet consolidated...

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Apr 9 09:28:42 EDT 2013

Matt,

I apologize for not being more familiar with your DomainThreader contribution.

Just yesterday I merged what I thought should be the last patch to consolidate all the ImageSplitting that occurred in ITK in the ImageIO, ImageSource Threading and the StreamingImageFilter, but it appears that I left one out. The ThreadedImageRegionPartitioner[1].

It would certainly be quite beneficial for the DomainThreader to take advantage of different image splitting algorithms currently available, as well as just being able to implement the image splitting algorithm one and being able to use it in all sorts of places in ITK would be great.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on how to reduce this redundant code and make the ImageDomain Threader more modular.

Thanks,
Brad

[1] https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkThreadedImageRegionPartitioner.hxx