[Insight-developers] CMake minimum version number

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Fri Apr 19 10:33:07 EDT 2013

We could use GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT()  if we want to avoid
updating minimum CMake version requirement for now.
But I don't see why we should not update the CMake version.
Do you want to submit a patch to gerrit ?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Cory Quammen <cquammen at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> I just tried to configure ITK master with CMake 2.8.2 because that was
> the CMake that happened to be on the system. I get the following
> error:
>
>  CMake Error at Modules/ThirdParty/DCMTK/CMakeLists.txt:182 (include):
>    include could not find load file:
>
>      /DCMTKGitTag.cmake
>
> This line is
>
>   include(${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/DCMTKGitTag.cmake)
>
> Problem is, CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR isn't defined until CMake 2.8.3.
>
> Seems to me that the minimum version of ITK should be bumped up to at
> least 2.8.3. It is currently 2.8.
>
> Thanks,
> Cory
>
> --
> Cory Quammen
> Research Associate
> Department of Computer Science
> The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124