[Insight-developers] Gerrit-merge not working

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Apr 30 10:15:46 EDT 2013

I'm trying to check in some conversions that relate to the DoubleConversion 3rd Party library, namely establishing a framework for merging upstream changes. It's based on the strategy Brad King developed for the VXL library.

The changes are here:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/11085/ -- the initial merge from google's repo
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/11086/ -- the actual merge, based on a git subtree merge.

Now the second gerrit topic/branch depends on the first, and using gerrit-merge fails.  I get this message:

Counting objects: 25, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (16/16), done.
Writing objects: 100% (16/16), 14.83 KiB, done.
Total 16 (delta 9), reused 0 (delta 0)
root commit 0447797f not allowed
error: hook declined to update refs/heads/DoubleConversion-update
To git at itk.org:stage/ITK.git
! [remote rejected] HEAD -> DoubleConversion-update (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at itk.org:stage/ITK.git'

What I conclude is that this kind of patch isn't something mere mortals can check in via git gerrit-merge.

So I'm calling upon the gods of ITK to step in. I'm prepared to sacrifice a goat.

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu