[Insight-developers] problem with Export header

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Aug 14 10:11:37 EDT 2013

Brad K,

Arnaud has report that with CMAKE 2.8.7 ( the system Ubuntu version), that the GenerateExportHeader is miss behaving and generating the Export file is some weird nested relative path.

>>> $ find . -name *Export*h
>>> ./Modules/Core/Common/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKCommonExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/SpatialObjects/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOSpatialObjectsExport.h

Have you seen this bug before? Is it a problem with how I used it or something that got fixed in the CMake Module?

Thanks for the insight!

Brad

On Jul 29, 2013, at 9:46 AM, Arnaud Gelas <arnaudgelas at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Thanks,
> Arnaud
>
> [1] https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/commit/e4b526a67e6ddc98a8f3e97298a5e04fa9426aed#L0R141
>
> On 07/29/2013 03:10 PM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> Arnaud,
>>
>> The "Export" headers are intentionally all placed into the Common binary directory. On some platforms all the includes needed for ITK are too long and too many already. To remove the need to potentially double the number of include paths needed( include a binary and source dir for each module), I thought it was best to place them all in the common binary module[1,2]. I believed that all modules and tests already included the common module.
>>
>> If I do a clean build with shared libraries turned on, I don't get this error in the ImageIOBase module, nor is it on the "primary" dashboard section. So we need to figure out what's different to reveal this issue.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/commit/e4b526a67e6ddc98a8f3e97298a5e04fa9426aed#L0R140
>> [2] https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/commit/e4b526a67e6ddc98a8f3e97298a5e04fa9426aed
>>
>> On Jul 29, 2013, at 1:18 AM, Arnaud Gelas <arnaudgelas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have exactly the same compilation error as it appears on the dashboard for Xiaoxiao's machine:
>>>
>>>    http://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=2980274
>>>
>>> The compiler could not find ITK${module}Export.h
>>>
>>> When looking for it on my machine, I can see that these headers were generated but most probably not where they were expected:
>>>
>>> $ find . -name *Export*h
>>> ./Modules/Core/Common/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKCommonExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/SpatialObjects/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOSpatialObjectsExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/BioRad/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOBioRadExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/ImageBase/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOImageBaseExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/Mesh/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOMeshExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/BMP/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOBMPExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/Siemens/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOSiemensExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/Stimulate/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOStimulateExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/VTK/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOVTKExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/GIPL/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOGIPLExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/GE/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOGEExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/PNG/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOPNGExport.h
>>> ./Modules/IO/IPL/home/ajg23/DEVEL/ITK/Debug/Modules/Core/Common/ITKIOIPLExport.h
>>>
>>> Any help to fix this bug would be appreciated

>>> Arnaud