[Insight-developers] Has anyone written synthetic DICOM series

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 11:03:02 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Williams, Norman K
<norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu> wrote:
> I've spent a couple of hours trying to write a test for this, that would
> write a DICOM series of non-square slices.  Turns out it's not that easy
> -- the DCMTK reader depends on DICOM tags to be in the DICOM file in order
> to read them in successfully, and the DICOM writer (GDCM) I have access to
> doesn't fill them out properly.

You can use GDCM if you want:

$ dd if=/dev/urandom of=bla.raw bs=1k count=100
$ gdcmimg --size 512,200 bla.raw bla.dcm
$ gdcmdump bla.dcm | grep 0028,001
(0028,0010) US 200                                                # 2,1 Rows
(0028,0011) US 512                                                # 2,1 Columns