[Insight-developers] No such thing as USE_SYSTEM_OpenJPEG?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Aug 23 12:10:11 EDT 2013

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:03:37 -0400, Bradley Lowekamp said:

>The version of ITK's OpenJPEG and GDCM have been creatively modified to
>work together, and the version dependencies specified in the code no
>longer are related to the version of the distributed OpenJPEG library.

Funny you should mention this... because I spent half of yesterday debugging a problem which turned out to be related to openjpeg.  I use ITK 3.20 and GDCM 2.2.3, and point ITK to my GDCM.   I then link my app against ITK and GDCM.  At runtime, I was getting crashes with JPEG2000 DICOM files, I thought it was a GDCM bug:

<https://sourceforge.net/p/gdcm/bugs/220/>

But turned out that I was linking to both ITK's and GDCM's openjpeg.  If ITK's was linked to first, I'd crash; if GDCM's was first, I wouldn't.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com