[Insight-developers] enabling remote not quite right

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Aug 26 10:07:18 EDT 2013

Matt,

I am trying out some modules as remote instead of External. It appears that turning them on is not as straight forward as I expected. Specifically, when I add a remote cmake file with the following:

itk_fetch_module(ExternalTemplate
  "A template for a module."
  GIT_REPOSITORY http://github.com/blowekamp/itkExternalTemplate.git
  GIT_TAG master
  )

I have to turn on Module_ExternalTemplate which downloads the module nicely. But the I get the new CMake variable Module_ITKExternalTemplate, which needs to be turned on, now this ITK prefix comes from the named passed to itk_module. Looked at the checked in remotes, it appears that many of them  are not consisting the the name of the remote and the name of the module with regards to the ITK prefix.

What do you think should be done to make this consistent?
Should external remote modules have the ITK prefix or just internal ITK modules?

Perhaps when a module is downloaded or updated we should verify that the name reported in itk_fetch_module matches that in itk_module, and produce an error if not?

Thanks,
Brad