[Insight-developers] ITK/Modules/Remote with JUST headers & tests?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 21 17:36:59 EDT 2013

After investigation and guidance from Matt McCormick & Bill Lorensen here
is the deal:

If your Remote module does NOT contain a source directory with a
CMakelists.txt, it will work if you run CMake twice -- once to download
the remote source, and a second time for the Module infrastructure to
recognize the remote module after download.

That much makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that if you DO
have a 'src' directory and build a target (e.g. a library) then it seems
as though you don't need that second CMake run.  Which, now that I
understand the process makes no sense to me.

Which just goes to show: All software systems will eventually rise to a
level of complexity where they are capable of baffling and surprising
their programmers.

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu