[Insight-developers] Define _GLIBCXX_DEBUG on dashboard?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed May 29 11:20:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013 09:04:31 -0400, Bradley Lowekamp said:

>I am currently a little fired up to tack down more bugs.
>
>Do you think you could configure a torture build but turn on only the
>Core modules?

Brad,

Yup, I'll add flags slowly, using my VTK experience as a guide.  Last night added 15 new failures with just 4 ubsan flags (-fsanitize=bool,return,integer-divide-by-zero,shift).  The flags are described here:

<http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#controlling-code-generation>

the ones marked "ILLEGAL" are the ones that crash due to ubsan generating an illegal instruction:

<http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2921264>

Alas, the dashboard does not show the backtrace, but looking at them shows many failures look to be ultimately duplicates.  I'll send you the crash logs offlist.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com