[Insight-developers] Using VersorRigid3DTransform in ITKv4 registration framework

Ghayoor, Ali ali-ghayoor at uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 26 18:25:24 EST 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to upgrade a registration framework from ITKv3 to ITKv4.
In ITKv3, we have the "itk::VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer" that is implemented specifically for "itkVersorRigid3DTransform". However, in ITKv4, only the following optimizers are available:

itk::GradientDescentOptimizerv4
itk::GradientDescentLineSearchOptimizerv4
itk::MultiGradientOptimizerv4
itk::QuasiNewtonOptimizerv4
itk::ConjugateGradientLineSearchOptimizerv4

Therefore, I picked "ConjugateGradientLineSearchOptimizerv4" for my registration v4 framework, but it seems that this optimizer does not work well with VersorRigid3DTransform. Please let me know about your ideas if you have come up with this problem before.

Thanks,
Ali