[Insight-developers] [ITK Community] Remote modules License

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Jan 30 12:30:18 EST 2014

Hi Luke,

There has been considerable work into keeping the repository
patent-free and minimize copyleft licenses (see the CMake warning when
FFTW support is enabled, which is off by default).

The preferred license is Apache 2.0 with copyright assigned to the
Insight Software Consortium, like the rest of the toolkit.  Other
BSD-style licenses should well work, too.

I personally would be fine with most other licenses, too, for a Remote
Module, but it also depends on the input of other members of the
community.

Thanks,
Matt