[ITK-dev] SimpleITK build failure on Fedora 23

Dmitry Mikhirev mikhirev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:26:24 EST 2015

В Sun, 6 Dec 2015 20:28:07 -0500
Bradley Lowekamp <brad at lowekamp.net> пишет:

> Hello Dmitry,

Hello Brad! Thank you for your reply!

> SimpleITK is not built or tested against ITK with ITKv3 compatibility
> turned on. And Most projects have this option turned off, so it’s not
> as well tested as it used to be.
>
> This problem looks to be solely with ITK. It appears like the error
> will happen just with the instantiation of:
>
> itk::Statistics::Histogram<long int, DenseGrequencyContainer2….>
>
> This issue looks fixable. I don’t know how many other errors will
> occur when you get past this one.

Well, most code is already compiled before this error occurs. So I
guess there will not me much more. Can you give an advice what changes
are needed to fix it?

> I’d recommend using the SimpleITK Superbuild by point CMake toward
> the Superbuild subdirectory on the initial configuration.
>
> BTW, what is the reason you are “required” to used the system ITK?

I'm going to build a package for official Fedora repo. That's why I
have to link to other libraries shipped by Fedora and not to bundle
them. Of course, if the error were unfixable on SimpleITK side, I could
send a bug report for InsigtToolkit package and ask maintainer to
disable ITKv3 compatibility, but I afraid it can break some other
packages.

> Brad

       Dmitry Mikhirev