[ITK-dev] The timeout error of itkTimeVaryingBSplineVelocityFieldPointSetRegistrationTest

Hyun Jae Kang hyunjae.kang at kitware.com
Thu Dec 17 11:12:26 EST 2015

Dear All,

I am trying to fix the timeout error of
itkTimeVaryingBSplineVelocityFieldPointSetRegistrationTest.
(
https://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=2&name=itkTimeVaryingBSplineVelocityFieldPointSetRegistrationTest&date=2015-12-17
)

>From my observation, the following function is a bottleneck of the whole
pipeline:

"template<typename TFixedImage, typename TMovingImage, typename TTransform,
typename TVirtualImage, typename TPointSet>
void
TimeVaryingBSplineVelocityFieldImageRegistrationMethod<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage, TTransform, TVirtualImage, TPointSet>
::GetMetricDerivativePointSetForAllTimePoints( VelocityFieldPointSetType
*velocityFieldPointSet, WeightsContainerType *velocityFieldWeights )"
(
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Registration/RegistrationMethodsv4/include/itkTimeVaryingBSplineVelocityFieldImageRegistrationMethod.hxx
 )

More specifically, the function call of "
this->m_OutputTransform->IntegrateVelocityField();" from the following
lines are slow.

// Get the fixed transform.  We need to duplicate the resulting
// displacement field since it will be overwritten when we integrate
// the velocity field to get the moving image transform.

    if( timePoint == 0 )
      {
      this->m_OutputTransform->GetModifiableDisplacementField()->FillBuffer(
zeroVector );
      }
    else
      {
      this->m_OutputTransform->SetLowerTimeBound( t );
      this->m_OutputTransform->SetUpperTimeBound( 0.0 );
      this->m_OutputTransform->SetNumberOfIntegrationSteps(
numberOfIntegrationSteps );
      this->m_OutputTransform->IntegrateVelocityField();
      }

If you have any suggestion to solve the timeout error, please let me know.

Thanks,

Hyun Jae