[ITK-dev] Problems with Change in itkStaticConstMacro

Luc Hermitte luc.hermitte at c-s.fr
Wed Jan 20 03:57:08 EST 2016

Hello,

Le 19/01/2016 21:19, Bradley Lowekamp a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> My release builds for SimpleITK are having significant problems with the
> change done here [1] to the itkStaticConstMacro.
>
> My builds on Redhat 5, with gcc 5.1, are filling my disk with errors
> along the following:
>
> /scratch/dashboards/SimpleITK-RH5-i686-pkg/SimpleITK-build/ITK-prefix/include/ITK-4.9/itkImageToImageFilter.h:
> In instantiation of ‘const unsigned int
> itk::ImageToImageFilter<itk::Image<unsigned int, 2u>, itk::Image<float,
> 2u> >::OutputImageDimension’:
> /scratch/dashboards/SimpleITK-RH5-i686-pkg/SimpleITK-build/ITK-prefix/include/ITK-4.9/itkImageToImageFilter.h:267:
>   instantiated from ‘itk::ImageToImageFilter<itk::Image<unsigned int,
> 2u>, itk::Image<float, 2u> >’
> /scratch/dashboards/SimpleITK-RH5-i686-pkg/SimpleITK/Code/Explicit/include/sitkExplicitITKImageToImageFilter.h:259:
>   instantiated from here
> /scratch/dashboards/SimpleITK-RH5-i686-pkg/SimpleITK-build/ITK-prefix/include/ITK-4.9/itkImageToImageFilter.h:267:
> error: explicit instantiation of
> ‘itk::ImageToImageFilter<itk::Image<unsigned int, 2u>, itk::Image<float,
> 2u> >::OutputImageDimension’ but no definition available

If I remember correctly, I had similar issues in the past. All the time,
the issues were not on the macro side, but on how it was used.

Sometimes a constant was redefined/masked for no valid reason, sometimes
"typename" weren't issued.

anonymous enums are no longer the right way to proceed.

> Reverting the change enables SimpleITK explicit instantiation to work
> with this compiler.
>
> I’ll look into alternatives...

Can you isolate the error on a simple test case that reproduce the issue?

--Luc