[Insight-users] GradientImageFilter vs GradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter

Pieter Vos pieterv@radiology.azn.nl
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:54:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I compaired the outputs of the filter GradientImageFilter and the
GradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter.
Both filters had the same 3D image: a black image with a white spot in the
middle. The vectoroutputs however, where not the same:

The vectors of the GradientImageFilter where pointing away form the spot.

------------------

|	^
|	|
|    <-   ->
|    <-   ->
|       |

------------------

And the vectors of the GradientRecursiveGaussian where pointing to the
white spot:

------------------

|        |
|    ->     <-
|    ->     <-
|        ^

The second picture is as how it should be.

So, am I forgetting some basic theory (and should I study again)
or should the outcome of the GradientImageFilter not be the opposite?

Please help.

Greetings,

--
Pieter Vos