[Insight-users] GaussianFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:37:15 -0400

Hi Samuel,

There are two executables in the GaussianFilter example.
One version is for 3D and the other for 2D Images.

ITK is N-Dimensional, but when it comes to designing
all the GUI of a small program it is better to separate
the two cases.

The name of the executable for the 3D example is: GaussianFilter
and the name for the 2D version is : GaussianFilter2D

The 3D version expects images in MetaImage format. You can use
the one from BrainWeb. Just notice that they are composed of a
text header and a raw binary file. When you open the file dialog
please select the files with extension (.mha).

The 2D version can read images in PNG format and also images
in MetaImage format. MetaImage support N-Dimensions, so you have
to make sure that you provide a file with an actual 2D image
inside.

Please let us know if that helps.