[Insight-users] jpg to png conversion

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:39:46 -0400

Hi Zein,

A good way of converting images is to use the ImageMagick tools.
They are available for both Linux and Windows.

        http://www.imagemagick.org/

Look at "convert" if you want to convert a single file or to
"mogrify" if you want to convert a set of files.

The simplest use of convert is like:

   convert    myimage.jpg    myimage.png

It will figure out what to do from the extensions of the filenames.

In addition to file format conversions "convert" can also do
graylevel transformation, color map changes and geometry changes
like resolution increase and crop.

ImageMagick is available in most Linux distributions.