[Insight-users] clustering/segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:12:59 -0500

Hi Zein,

In order to Cluster/Classify/Label pixels in a
multiband image you may want to take a look at
the following methods:

1) ImageKMeansModelEstimator
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImageKmeansModelEstimator.html
which performs clustering. This one is optimized for Images.

2) KdTreeBasedKmeansExtimator
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1KdTreeBasedKmeansEstimator.html
which also performs Kmeans clustering but using a generic
KdTree structure. An image can be adapted to this generic structure.

3) The MRFImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MRFImageFilter.html
Which labels an image using a Markov Random Fields approach and
MAP (maximum a posteriory) optimization.

4) KLMRegionGrowingImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1KLMRegionGrowImageFilter.html
Which minimizes an energy potential computed over regions and
boundaries.

Please let us know if you have further questions.