[Insight-users] `Image Memory Management

David Holmes holmesd3@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:06:18 -0800 (PST)

I thought that I'd add one more thing.  I would
actually prefer to keep this seperate from the filters
in the fact that I'd much prefer to set a flag for the
ITK Image which is similar to that of the Image
container that says that the image object does not
need to manage the memory and so therefore it can
exist beyond the scope of the image.

I couldn't find an appropriate method to do so.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

david

--- David Holmes <holmesd3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a situation where I would like to have more
> control over the memory managment of Image data as
> it
> is passed through a filter.  I'd appreciate any help
> that y'all may be able to provide.
> > Basically, I'd like to keep the 1D array of image
> data
> after the destruction of the ITK object.  In
> particular, after after applying a filter to some
> input data, I realize that there is an output Image
> which I can retrieve with filt->GetOutput().  I
> would
> like to keep the 1D array of data beyond the local
> scope.
> > From my best guess, the filter deconstructs when
the