[Insight-users] 3D rigid image registration

Steve Boyd skboyd@ucalgary.ca
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:21:07 -0700

Hello,

I use micro-computed tomography to generate 3D image data of bone
micro-structure, and I'd like to register images taken at different time
points. It seems that the example in the ITK kit for mutual information
registration would be a suitable approach to determine the 3D rigid
transformation. I have two questions:

1. Because my data is not multi-modal (all from CT), is it a
disadvantage to use this approach?  Is there another approach that I
should consider?

2. Trying to run the ITK example "MultiResMIRegistration" I need to
include a parameter file as an argument, but I do not know what this
file should contain.  Have I missed downloading a part of the ITK
package, or can somebody explain what the param.file should contain?

Thank you for any help with either of these two questions.

Sincerely,

Steve

--
Steven Boyd, PhD

Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive, N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4

tel. 1.403.220.4173  fax. 1.403.282.8406  skboyd@ucalgary.ca