[Insight-users] 3D rigid image registration

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:35:56 -0800

Steve,

> 1. Because my data is not multi-modal (all from CT), is it a
> disadvantage to use this approach?  Is there another approach that I
> should consider?

My two cents worth:
Mutual information should work, but since your problem is
intra-modal you are open to try out other metric as well.
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/group__RegistrationMetrics.html

Each metric would give you a different shape space to optimize over.
For example, MI is very noisy, while means squares should be smoother =
etc.

> 2. Trying to run the ITK example "MultiResMIRegistration" I need to
> include a parameter file as an argument, but I do not know what this
> file should contain.  Have I missed downloading a part of the ITK
> package, or can somebody explain what the param.file should contain?

If you are using the current cvs checkout:
there is a description in=20
Insight/Applications/MultiResMIRegistration/ReadMe.pdf or ReadMe.doc
and some examples in
Insight/Applications/MultiResMIRegistration/SampleInputs

For Insight1.0.0 the equvialent directory is=20
Insight/Examples/MultiResMIRegistration

- Lydia