[Insight-users] Building ITK/VTK on Debian

Rolf Mueller Rolf Mueller <rolf.mueller@uni-tuebingen.de>
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:09:42 +0100

Dear all,

I am trying to build ITK (using VTK), because I am interested in
trying out the SegmentationEditor application.

I have a Debian (testing/unstable) system, my compiler is gcc version
2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease). In the course of the day, I have
been trying various combinations of ITK/VTK, including CVS-versions,
but I keep getting varying compilation errors.

Which combination of versions would be the most promising? Are there
any other suggestions how I could steer clear of such troubles? I am
aware of FAQ 3.1. concerning the c++ streams library and indeed some
of the errors I am getting seem to be related to this issue. Any
suggestions as to what I may do to alleviate these on my platform?

TIA
Rolf

--
Rolf Mueller, rolf.mueller@uni-tuebingen.de