[Insight-users] Yet another install problem

Bill Oliver billo@Radix.Net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:45:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi!  I am still having a few compilation problems.  After chugging
along for some time, I get the following error:

/home/oliver/inbuild/Examples/vtkITK/Common: building default_target
make[7]: *** No rule to make target `NOTFOUND', needed by `/home/oliver/inbuild/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilterTcl.cxx'.  Stop.
make[6]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[5]: *** [default_target_Common] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_vtkITK] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Examples] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Configuration: Linux kernel 2.4.18-6mdk (Mandrake 8.2), Compaq
Presario 1215US laptop.

I went back and looked at ccmake, and there are only five things
that are listed as NOTFOUND:

VW_RAW_DATA_PATH,
TK_STUB_LIBRARY_DEBUG
TK_LIBRARY_DEBUG
TCL_STUB_LIBRARY_DEBUG
TCL_LIBRARY_DEBUG

A look at the Makefile in that directory shows a bunch of
things like:

/home/oliver/inbuild/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilterTcl.cxx: /home/oliver/Insight/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.h /usr/local/bin/vtkWrapTcl NOTFOUND

        echo "/usr/local/bin/vtkWrapTcl /home/oliver/Insight/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.h NOTFOUND 1 /home/oliver/inbuild/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilterTcl.cxx "

        /usr/local/bin/vtkWrapTcl /home/oliver/Insight/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.h NOTFOUND 1 /home/oliver/inbuild/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKAntiAliasBinaryImageFilterTcl.cxx

I was hoping that the debug libraries were not absolutely
necessary, and I have no clue what avfCROP.1023c.raw
is.

Can anybody tell me which of these is required for
completing compilation, what avfCROP.1023c.raw is, and
where to find it?

If I have to generate the debug libraries, can anybody
point me to instructions on doing that?  Neither the
binaries that come with my linux distribution nor the
src-based build I did from sourceforge generated
tcl8.3d-like files, even when I thought I configured
tcl/tk for debugging (e.g. ./configure --enable-symbols).

... and, of course, is this in a FAQ somewhere?

Thanks!

billo