[Insight-users] Thanks to ITK developers!

Hannu Helminen Hannu.Helminen.0001@dosetek.varian.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:46:46 +0200

We have succesfully deployed the mutual information registration algorithm
of ITK into our application. It is possible that the algorithm appears in a
future product. In our tests the algorithm has performed very well.

I would like to express our gratitude to the ITK project, and especially
Lydia Ng who has developed the package, and Luis Ibanez for his support in
this mailing list.

While deploying, we have developed some enhancements, and in true open
source spirit we have offered two of them to be donated back to the ITK
project:
- major speed increase in the multi-resolution registration
- increased exception safety in multithreaded algorithms

There has been very little interest in these enhancements by the ITK staff.
But they are nevertheless available in the mailing list archives, in case
someone is interested in using them. See the threads on "speed
optimizations" on 2002-05-22 and "thread safety" (sic) on 2002-10-02.

Best regards,
Hannu Helminen
Varian Medical Systems Finland Oy
Hannu Helminen
Varian Medical Systems Finland Oy
This is a temporary mail account that may get deleted after spambots
harvest the email address.