[Insight-users] Problem compiling on IRIX

Jason Bryan jbryan at osc.edu
Wed Feb 20 11:09:28 EST 2002

Is there any page which lists the minimum system configuration and
software requirements for compiling Insight using cmake?

After downloading the source, I first had problems extracting the files
because some of the filenames were too long, but using a more recent
version of tar fixed that problem.

Next I had problems compiling with the MIPSpro compilers (cc and CC). It
seems it was having trouble resolving template macros of the form vcl_*.

After moving to the GNU compilers, things seemed to be working better, but
now the assembler portion of the compilation fails because (I think) some
of the symbol names are too long. There are an assortment of errors
similar to:

as: Error: /var/tmp/cc5gA6Nb.s, line 64802: Truncating token:
__Q23itkt19ImageRegionIterator1ZQ23itkt17BloxCoreAtomImage2ZQ23itkt22BloxBoundaryPointImage2ZQ23itkt5Image3ZQ23itkt15CovariantVector2ZdUi3Ui3ZQ23itkt18DefaultImageTraits3ZQ23itkt15CovariantVector2ZdUi3Ui3ZQ23itkt22ValarrayImageContainer2ZUlZQ23itkt15CovariantVector2ZdUi3ZQ23itkt18DefaultImageTraits3ZQ23itkt22BloxBoundaryPointPixel1Ui3Ui3ZQ23itkt22ValarrayImageContainer2ZUlZQ23itkt22BloxBoundaryPointPixel1Ui3ZQ23itkt18DefaultImageTraits3ZQ23itkt17BloxCoreAtomPixel1Ui3Ui3ZQ23itkt22ValarrayImageContainer2ZUlZQ23itkt17BloxCoreAtomPixel1Ui3RCQ23itkt19ImageRegionIterator1ZQ23itkt17BloxCoreAtomImage2ZQ23itkt22BloxBoundaryPointImage2ZQ23itkt5Image3ZQ23itkt15CovariantVector2ZdUi3Ui3ZQ23itkt18DefaultImageTraits3ZQ23itkt15CovariantVector2ZdUi3Ui3ZQ23itkt22ValarrayImageContainer2ZUlZQ23itkt15CovariantVector2ZdUi3ZQ23itkt18DefaultImageTraits3ZQ23itkt22BloxBoundaryPointPixel1Ui3Ui3ZQ23itkt22ValarrayImageContainer2ZUlZQ23itkt22BloxBoundaryPointPixel1Ui3ZQ23itkt18DefaultImageTraits3ZQ23itkt17!
BloxCoreAtomPixel1Ui3Ui3ZQ23itkt

I am compiling on an Octane2, Irix64 6.5.11, MIPSpro Compilers: Version
7.2.1 (cc, CC, and as), and gcc/g++ version 2.95.2

I also tried compiling on Windows 2000 using Visual C++ 6.0, and had
better luck, but some of the examples wouldn't compile
(e.g. itkEllipsoidInteriorExteriorSpatialFunctionExample). This is not as
big a problem since all the Insight libraries appear to have compiled
correctly, but I thought I would report it anyway. The full compile log is
attached.

Thanks for any feedback!

+--

|  Jason Bryan
|  Director of Software Development
|  Interface Lab - Ohio Supercomputer Center
|  1224 Kinnear Rd
|  Columbus, Ohio 43212
|  (614) 292-1051
|  www.osc.edu/Biomed