[Insight-users] about MIThinPlateSplineRegistrator

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:16:09 -0400

Hi Zhang,

The Set/Get Parameters methods have been
added to the itkKernelTransform class.

Please do a cvs update in order to get these
modifications.

The parameters are simply the sequence of
coordinates components of the landmarks on
the source space.

A registration method will require (as you
said) to initialize the transform by providing
initial sets of landmarks in the source space
and the target space.  Then, only the landmarks
in the source space will be adjusted in order
to obtain a transform that optimizes the matching
between the fixed and moving images.

The choice of using the Source landmarks components
as parameters is a bit arbitrary. It could have been
the Target landmarks, or even both.  Those options
may be mathematically equivalent but they will
probably result in performance differences during
the exploration of the parameter space made by the
optimizer.

Please let us know if you encounter any problem
with these changes.