[Insight-users] BSpline interpolation

Mathieu Malaterre mmalat at imaging . robarts . ca
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:48:15 -0400

Hi itk gurus,

   I wanted to use itk for a BSpline interpolation of my images, but I
am a bit confused with the documentation. I browse it trough, and I
found two classes that I might be interested in:

BSplineResampleImageFilterBase:
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Web/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BSplineResampleImageFilterBase.html

and,
BSplineCenteredResampleImageFilterBase
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Web/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BSplineCenteredResampleImageFilterBase.html

Could someone confirm it ?
Also could someone told wath are the differences between the two ?
My problem was that I work with MRI images and some slices are of poor
quality whereas the slice-1 and slice+1 are good ones (the patient seems
to have moved). So I believe using a BSpline interpolation could help me
improved the quality of my image (compared to a bilinear interpolation).

I am sorry if my question has already been asked in the mailing list but
I didn't find any way to search through the m-l, just as for vtk in :
http://www.kitware.com/search.html

thanks a lot,
mathieu

--