[Insight-users] BSpline Interpolation

Bradley Wyman bwyman at insightful . com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:43:49 -0700

Mathieu,

	There is only a subtle difference between =
BSplineResampleImageFilterBase and =
BSplineCenteredResampleImageFilterBase.  If you are interested in the =
details you can look at the references (see more on the help pages or =
look at the references in the .h files).  However, I would suggest just =
using the BSplineResampleImageFilterBase as this is the more basic =
implementation. =20

	Having said that I don't think this filter will help solve your =
problem.  These filters are configured to reduce or expand the image by =
a factor of two in all directions.  And you only want to expand it in =
the slice direction.  The modification to expand/reduce in only =
specified directions should be straight forward and would be a good =
addition.  I'll look into this.

	Another option would be the BSplineInterpolateImageFunction:=20
http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Web/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BSplineInt=
erpolateImageFunction.html

You would need to loop through the points on your image and generate the =
missing slices but it should meet your needs.

-Brad Wyman