[Insight-users] Gradient filter problems

Bjorn Hanch Sollie bhs@pvv.org
Thu, 2 May 2002 18:01:29 +0200 (CEST)

> What you are asking for is a second-derivative-magnitude-image-filter -
> something that captures "barness" instead of "edgeness."   The issue
> becomes the scale (i.e. width) of the lines that you are looking for.
> Are all of your lines of the same width?  If so, then this filter could
> be easily created by modifying the GradientMagnitudeImageFilter...

It's a scale issue, all right, and what you describe sounds like what
I'm looking for.  The lines are not always of exactly the same width,
but I can always hope it will be close enough.  Isn't there a filter
in itk for this already, though?  If not I guess I'll have to make it,
so thanks for the advice!

-Bjorn
--
The History of the Universe
Chapter 1: Bang!  Chapter 2: Sss...  Chapter 3: Crunch!