[Insight-users] RecursiveGaussianImageFilter problems

Bjorn Hanch Sollie bhs@pvv.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 01:21:48 +0200 (CEST)

> What is the pixel type that you are using for you ImageType ?

I'm using floats, which is why I didn't understand the palette
distortion.  As it turned out, it was a cast at a different spot in my
code that caused the problem.  It is now fixed, and the filter appears
to work.  Thanks for helping me out!  The quite pleasing result may be
beholded at:

   <URL:http://www.pvv.org/~bhs/edge.html>

Howver this makes for another problem: The filtered edge image above
is quite difficult to use as a potential image for the
FastMarchingImageFilter, which is what I was aiming for in the first
place.  The potential image needs to be close to 1 at the edges and
close to 0 in monotonous regions, but with both the high and low
extremas in intensity occuring near or around the edges in this image,
it appears to be difficult to convert this image into a potential map.
Except for this problem, I appear to be quite close to my goal, in the
sense that the image does contain the edges I've been looking for.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this?  (Thresholding
is simple, but a bit too dangerous I fear...)

-Bjorn
--
The History of the Universe
Chapter 1: Bang!  Chapter 2: Sss...  Chapter 3: Crunch!